Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Recycling...

Here's the old Chinese New Year card found in my stash.
Below is the remake using the cutout...This character means wealth but it doesn't necessarily mean $$$. Could be love, peace , joy and good health too! 

 For my non-Asian friends, above are some red packets which we used to put money as gifts to children, parents and to anyone we wish to bless. I used them to make the flowers and fire crackers as embellishments for this card.  See below. Black is not a good color for auspicious occasions for the Chinese. But... we are in the 21st century!!! So ... I like the modern colors here:)




3 comments:

  1. Great card. I love the colors!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - prettiest colors - wow!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely CNY projects. Great recycle idea!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments:)